It happened to many people that the laptop keyboard not working. When replace Dell 1M745 G1272 Keyboard you should Notice:
1. To avoid electrostatic discharge, ground yourself by using a wrist grounding strap or by periodically touching an unpainted metal surface (such as the back panel) on the laptop.
2. The key caps on the keyboard are fragile, easily dislodged, and time-consuming to replace. Exercise care when removing and handling the keyboard.
3. Before securing the latch on the system board connector, ensure that the keyboard connector is seated and the tabs on the connector are properly aligned with the slots on the system board connector. Failure to align the tabs could result in a malfunction of the computer or damage to the cable and/or the cable connector.
In this article, I will explain how to replace Dell 1M745 G1272 Keyboard. It’s possible that my guide will work for some other Dell tablets. If this guide works for you, please mention the notebook model in the comments below.
Do not forget to turn off the notebook and remove the laptop battery before you start taking it apart. Remove six screws securing the Dell laptop keyboard. One of the screws I marked in red because it’s hidden under the rubber screw seal. You can remove the screw seal with a sharp object.
Insert a small flat head screwdriver between the Dell 1M745 G1272 Keyboard and notebook base and lift up the laptop keyboard. You’ll find a few small plastic latches securing the Dell laptop keyboard on the top and both sides. Here’s one of them above the F11 key. Carefully lift up the laptop keyboard and force it through the latches. When the Dell 1M745 G1272 Keyboard is released, you can access connectors underneath.
This laptop keyboard has two cables connected to the motherboard. I marked the pointing stick cable, you’ll have to disconnect this one first.
1. Unlock the connector by moving the white clip to the direction shown by two arrows. You have to move the clip about 1-2 millimeters, not more. The clip must stay attached to the connector base.
2. Pull the cable from the connector.
Turn the Dell 1M745 G1272 Keyboard upside down and place it on the palm rest. Now you can access the second cable.
Again, before you can pull the cable you have to unlock the connector. Open the locking clip with your fingernail. The clip opens at a 90 degree angle. Now the cable is released and you can pull it from the connector.
Finally, you can remove the Dell 1M745 G1272 Keyboard and replace it with a new one if needed. Need a new Dell laptop keyboard for your Dell laptop? Or if you are looking for other laptop accessories information? Find a new one on http://www.udtek.comlaptop keyboard|gateway 450rog keyboard|gateway m520 keyboard|dell inspiron 1720 keyboard|zv5000 keyboard|hp laptop keyboard|HP/Compaq NX6110 Keyboard |Dell 1M745 G1272 Keyboard|Toshiba laptop keyboard|HP laptop keyboard|Dell laptop keyboard